Last Revised: October 4, 2017
X-Mode Social, Inc.
45682 Terminal Drive,
Dulles VA, 20164
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors to the Website or users of the Services who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to X-Mode Social, Inc and We learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, We will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that We might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, picture, phone numbers, any relevant background information, credit card and billing information and password when you create an account to log in to Our network and/or when you order Services through our Website (“Account”).
· If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
· We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to Us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, any registration numbers associated with the Services (as applicable), and other requested information if you contact Us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
· We may also collect Personal Data at other points on our Website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
· Information Collected by and Shared with Third Parties for Interest-Based Advertising. We work with third parties to collect certain non-identifying information about your interests to provide targeted advertising and analytics services on our site or within our application, or across other sites and other applications. These entities may use technologies to collect information about your use of our mobile applications, including device attributes such as: operating system, hardware version, device settings, IP address, time zone, device carrier, applications installed on the device, your use of those applications, and device advertising identifiers. We may share and allow our third party partners to share this non-identifying information with other third parties that perform targeted advertising activities across other apps and websites.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make Our Website more useful to you, Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, We use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow Us to send e-mail messages in a format that users can read, and they tell Us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that We are sending only messages that are of interest to Our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Our users’ Personal Data.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking.
· Flash LSOs. If We post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
· Mobile Services. In the event that We offer a mobile application, We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded Our mobile application. This information is generally used to help Us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the mobile application and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event Our mobile application crashes on your mobile device, We may receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows Us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of Our mobile application. This information is sent to Us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, the Personal Data you submit to Us is used to respond to requests that you make, to aid Us in serving you better, improving our Services, providing the Website to you. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on Our network;
· improve the quality of experience when you use our Website;
· send you a Welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
· send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Website, Services and services made available by third parties and for other marketing purposes of X-Mode Social, Inc;
· generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Website and Application, and use of the Website and Application in the aggregate, including but not limited to the use of such anonymized, aggregate data for benchmarking purposes;
· combine or aggregate any of the information collected through the Website, Application or Services, or elsewhere for any purposes, including for benchmarking and analytics purposes.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that We may enhance the content made available on Our Website and improve navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in Our sole discretion. Further, we may use this Anonymous Data for benchmarking and analytics purposes, or for any purpose that We see fit.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Website, including to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to X-Mode Social, Inc.
(d) Disclosure of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns to enhance the content provided on our Website and improve navigation of the Website. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our discretion.
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding Use of information that you provide when accessing the Website and/or using the Services:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from the Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the Websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to Use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let Us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) Changing, Requesting or Deleting Your Personal Data. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account by contacting Us or by editing their profile via the Website. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated, and you may no longer be able to utilize the Website. We will Use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
The Directive gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right in accordance with the Directive, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org (“X-Mode Social, Inc Privacy Contact”). You may send requests about Personal Data to Our X-Mode Social, Inc Privacy Contact. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Data.
(d) NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING email@example.com PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONLY ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
(e) Mobile Applications. In the event that We offer a mobile application and You choose to download and use such mobile application, You can stop all collection of information by the mobile application(s) by uninstalling the mobile application(s). You may Use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
10. Security. The security of your Personal Data is important to Us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Our Website, you can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org